Robert comes to AABC with over 10 years of community development and leadership experience. He is a former Peace Corps Volunteer where he served in Romania as an Environmental and Business Consultant from 2001-2004. After returning to the US, Robert worked for Umpqua Community Development Corporation in Roseburg, Oregon as an AmeriCorps Volunteer doing Micro-Enterprise Loans and business consultation as well as Financial Literacy Training and counseling to underserved communities. Robert came back to Birmingham, where he worked for several years with New South Federal Savings as a CRA professional in the mortgage industry, promoting home ownership to low-income persons and teaching Financial Literacy to youth and young adults studying for their GED. Most recently, Robert worked for Jefferson County Committee for Economic Opportunity as Housing Counselor and Asset Building professional helping persons avoid foreclosure and begin to gain personal wealth.
- Bachelor of Arts, Baylor University, Waco, TX
- Certified Homeownership Counselor, Homeownership Consortium of Alabama, Inc.
- Certified NeighborWorks America Housing Counselor
- Peace Corps Fellows, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR
- Training in Conflict Resolution/Mediation, PATRIR, Cluj, Romania
Robert is married and has three children and is a member of Mountain Brook Community Church